-->

Cheveron

Sunday, January 25, 2009

What a Long day!

The whole reason this blog was created was to keep our family and friends updated on our pregnancy, birth of our child, and life in general. Well, we are past the first one - pregnancy! We are so pleased to introduce you to Emily Jane our first born entrusted to us by the Lord - we are so privileged.

From 1-24-09 Emily Jane
We are doing so well as a family. God has blessed us richly already. Here are some pictures of our first 36 hours together. We can't wait for each of you to meet her. She is a sweet angel and more than we could have imagined.

From 1-24-09 Emily Jane


From 1-24-09 Emily Jane


How it all went down...We got to the hospital Friday night at 9pm. Got the confirmation that we were staying by 10pm since I was 100% afaced and 4 cm dialated. Then we were in for the night - some sleep and more contractions. At 6am, I got checked and was 6 cm dialated and TOTALLY ready for an epidural. My epidural was put in, water broken, and 7 cm by 7am. Then at 8am I was still 7cm, so they gave me some pitosin. That helped me to progress and by 12n I was complete and ready to push. I pushed until 1:32pm and our sweet Emily Jane was born. She is 7 lb 10 oz, 20 inches long, blue eyes, lots of brown hair, has Jeremy's chin, has both of our noes as newborns, and my big toe shape. She is beautiful! We are staying at the hospital until Monday around lunch and then will be heading to our family home.

2 comments:

Debra said...

She's so beautiful!!! You look wonderful too. Good luck with the transition home. God's blessings to you all!!!
Love, deb

Adrienne said...

Congratulations Michelle and Jeremy! She is so beautiful! I love her name. All that hair! We love you guys! Have so much fun!
Adrienne and Greg