-->

Cheveron

Sunday, January 11, 2009

38 weeks and 40 inches

From 1-24-09 Due Date
I am still 40 inches around still. Jeremy said each week that he is measuring me in the same spot, so I guess this isn't going to change much. I am having a few hot flashes today (Tues.) so I am not sure what that is all about. Also, I called my nurse to ask her why my left groin was giving me a short intense pain. I have had it only once every few days the past few weeks, but today it has been much worse and more often. She said just get off my feet and it is probably the baby on a nerve or something. okay!

Babycenter says "Your baby has really plumped up. She weighs about 6.8 pounds and she's over 19 1/2 inches long (like a leek). She has a firm grasp, which you'll soon be able to test when you hold her hand for the first time! Her organs have matured and are ready for life outside the womb. Wondering what color your baby's eyes will be? If she's born with brown eyes, they'll likely stay brown. If she's born with steel gray or dark blue eyes, they may stay gray or blue or turn green, hazel, or brown by the time she's 9 months old."

From 1-24-09 Due Date
I wanted to knit a sweater for the baby to wear home from the hospital and I finished it. I also worked hard this past weekend to get the baby's closet cleaned out. This had been weighing on me for months. I mean, you could not even step 6 inches into the closet. So, now it is totally cleaned out of all things NOT baby and has been filled with all baby clothes and items.

We had a great weekend. Friday night we just hung out and did nothing. Saturday morning, we slept in until 10:30am and then Jeremy fixed Beignets (for the first time) with eggs and bacon - it was an awesome brunch. Then we went to a movie. Sunday we took a nap. It was nice and enjoyable. Will this be the last one?

3 comments:

Shireen said...

Hey, girl,
I feel for the left groin pain...ouch. I've kind of had almost like a pulled muscle in my groin area for a while, now, and I've really just assumed it was a strained muscle all this time...maybe it is. Mine hasn't been that bad, so I hope yours either subsides or goes away completely SOON! My sciatic issues are SO much better!! I was basically immobile throughout the holidays. I hurt so badly!!
I'm so thankful to be physically feeling better. Now, I think the Lord is prepping me for being up at weird hours. Seriously, recently, I go to bed for a nap at 6 or 7, sleep for 2 or 3 hours and get back up for 1 or 2 hours and just ck my friends' blogs or read from our Baby Wise book. :)
I actually just got up from a 2.5 hour 'nap.' :)
Well, you look wonderful; sounds like you're doing wonderfully, and it's really only DAYS for each of us, now! Praise the Lord!! Maybe we'll deliver the same day and just keep things convenient for everyone to come visit us at the same time! Ha!! :)
Much love to you, Jeremy and Baby Long!!

Tricia Carver said...

Love the bedding! So cute!! Glad to hear you are doing well (as well as you can at this point). I had the groin pain too and I almost crawled out of my skin. Once the baby moved off the nerve it was better, but there is nothing like it. I'm watching the blog with anticipation! Praying for you guys!

The Morrows said...

ok- weird- andrew made beignets last saturday too for the first time! crazy- is it a daddy to be thing?