-->

Cheveron

Sunday, January 18, 2009

39 weeks and 40 inches

From 1-24-09 Due Date

Still no baby, braxton hicks, or contractions. Okay, so I am back to thinking I will be late and I could be 2/1/09 before I deliver (I just need to think this). Jeremy and I have decided that next time we don't want our doctors opinion on when he thinks we will deliver. Although through the waiting, Jeremy and I have truly enjoyed any extra days that we are getting together. We see our time is sweet - sleeping in, relaxing, running errands together, and just being. I will say that during this week of "waiting" the Lord is preparing my heart for delivery. I could have cried on Monday from being so scared of labor, but now I think the Lord has formed my heart to be okay with it and more excited to meet our Little One! My next dr. apt. is still on 1/22, Thurs., at 3:20pm. Also, my official dute date is this Sat., 1/24/09.

Saturday morning, Jeremy and I were talking about hopefully getting to the hospital in time for my epidural so that I didn't have to have natural labor. I told him if I had to go through natural labor then I would turn into Cat Woman with my claws out. He said "please don't act like that to me and just be nice to me." Well, good luck Jeremy - can't promise anything.

We started walking today. We walked a 20 min. mile, so I would say I am moving a little shower than my normal 15 min. mile. On this same note, we got the carseat attachment in for the jogging stroller. Jeremy put it in and then we tried the carseat in it. You should have seen Jeremy, he was so cute "practicing" making circles around the living room, dining room, and kitchen loop. He also said he could not wait to stroll our little one around the neighborhood. What a sweet thought.

Babycenter says "Your baby's waiting to greet the world! He continues to build a layer of fat to help control his body temperature after birth, but it's likely he already measures about 20 inches and weighs a bit over 7 pounds, a mini watermelon. (Boys tend to be slightly heavier than girls.) The outer layers of his skin are sloughing off as new skin forms underneath."

From 1-24-09 Due Date
We got a new table for the baby's room from Kirklands. It is perfect next to the glider.

3 comments:

Shireen said...

Hey, Michelle,
First of all, you look FABULOUS! Amen to the slower walks these days...we've got a pretty heavy, b'ball shape in the core of our bodies that is dropping, and that's reason enough to slow us down!! :) God IS preparing us!! In so many ways!
I'm SO thankful that you've enjoyed this 'waiting period.' Reading your blog during this time has encouraged me to check my attitude and see that I'm enjoying this sweet time with Russell alone, too. We were napping yesterday morning :), and just before we drifted off, I said, "Honey, this could be our last Sunday together...just the two of us." Wow.
I also so respect your desire to wait as long as you do until you feel like "Baby Long" may be ready to 'come out.' Way to go, and way to continue to be sensitive to the Spirit as you hear the Drs' opinions.
Same here...no contractions, no signs of early labor. :) We go to the dr. tomorrow at 3:30. Maybe I'll post an update then.
You've done so great keeping up your 'baby journal' in your blog, Michelle. I've thoroughly enjoyed watching the Lord bless your lives each step of the way...as He blesses and readies us at the same time!! :)
Baby Long's nursery looks so ready, and we were just at the 280 Kirkland's last weekend, and I think I saw that end table/lamp table there! I love the barley twist legs!! Way to go, guys! May the Lord continue to be evidently with you (and us :)) each step of the way, allowing for HIS will to be done and preparing our heart and bodies for exactly that.
Much love to you guys!

Ashley Matteo said...

hey
it was so good to see you at church yesterday and you look absolutely great to be 39 weeks! i do pray that yall do rest and relax and enjoy your time together until baby Long gets here. i will also be praying for a smooth delivery(with and epidural) and a healthy baby. can't wait to meet baby long.
ashley

The Morrows said...

hey girl- was wondering how you were doing. dr. ross is in trouble! ha- but i won't tell him that tomorrow- i think he gets enough flack for being "a predictor." it's funny how all the anxiety and worry can be quickly replaced with excitement and anticipation- i feel it too. i'm also reminded of God's perfect timing through all of this- pre pregnancy and now. i'm thankful along with you for peace and time to be with our hubbies. looking forward to that exciting day- will keep checking for updates! love you