-->

Cheveron

Monday, September 1, 2008

19 weeks

This week has been fun, since I have gotten to feel the baby kick more and also can feel the baby every once in a while with my hand. I love those moments. We are still attempting to get the baby to kick for Jeremy, but I know it will be soon. It makes me sad on those days that I am so busy that I don't get to feel the baby move and kick as much.

I also finished a few sweet little gifts for our baby - either boy or girl - for when we are at the hospital. I will be knitting these in both pink and blue, but for now this is what we have. Photo #1: the pre-assembling of the pink booties. I felt like I had a bird's next on my hand when I was ready to assemble the first bootie, but it turned out well. #2: the finished pair of pink booties. #3: a blue hat if it is a boy.



Here are some interesting facts on the baby this week: "Your baby's sensory development is exploding! Her brain is designating specialized areas for smell, taste, hearing, vision, and touch. Some research suggests that she may be able to hear your voice now, so don't be shy about reading aloud, taking to her, or singing a happy tune if the mood strikes you. Your baby weighs about 8 1/2 ounces and measures 6 inches, head to bottom —about the size of a large heirloom tomato. Her arms and legs are in the right proportions to each other and the rest of her body now. Her kidneys continue to make urine and the hair on her scalp is sprouting. A waxy protective coating called the vernix caseosa is forming on her skin to prevent it from pickling in the amniotic fluid."

3 comments:

Debra said...

Yeah baby bump!!! It's getting bigger! I love the new baby furniture too! Glad to be able to see your belly grow.

Unknown said...

Love the tiny pink booties. Enjoy those little kicks. Before you know it they will be BIG kicks, and then "Little One" will be here. I can't wait!!!

emk said...

The booties are SO cute!! :-)