-->

Cheveron

Monday, September 22, 2008

22 weeks

From 1-24-09 Due Date

Well, week 22 is here - by popular demand (Sashari)! I went and saw Dr. Ross on Thurs. and he said that everything was looking good. The baby's heartbeat was middle of the road - 157. So no clue on a girl or boy from this. I feel like the baby has gotten bigger in just the past few days. I feel like my stomach is BIG - I know it really isn't in comparison to how much longer I have. The muscles or skin underneath my bellybutton feel like it is stretching and I have definitely transitioned over to maternity jeans now (as the picture above shows).

A first time presence was felt by Baby Long in Auburn this weekend. Baby Long really did some kick boxing during the loud downs during the game. That night, while waiting on Jeremy to come to bed, I think I felt Baby Long having the hiccups. The "kicks" were very consistent for a longer amount of time. Just a few minutes ago, I got to see my stomach "jump" 5-6 when Baby Long was kicking. Very fun and cool!

I went on Thursday to see my favorite nurse, Marnie, at Dr. Steinkampf's office. They wanted me to come back when I was about 5-6 months, so now was a good time. I also brought them some chocolate covered green apples from Edible Arrangements, Co. It was so good to see them all again! They were so good to Jeremy and I.

From 1-24-09 Due Date
Here is what babycenter.com said this week "At 11 inches (the length of a spaghetti squash) and almost 1 pound, your baby is starting to look like a miniature newborn. His lips, eyelids, and eyebrows are becoming more distinct, and he's even developing tiny tooth buds beneath his gums. His eyes have formed, but his irises (the colored part of the eye) still lack pigment. If you could see inside your womb, you'd be able to spot the fine hair (lanugo) that covers his body and the deep wrinkles on his skin, which he'll sport until he adds a padding of fat to fill them in. Inside his belly, his pancreas — essential for the production of some important hormones — is developing steadily."

1 comment:

Jason and Diana said...

So exciting...i didnt know that your little one was moving so much now! We love you baby Long and cant wait to meet you!