-->

Cheveron

Sunday, February 1, 2009

One Week Tribute to Emily

Sweet Emily,


Where do I even begin? To think back to last Saturday, I didn't even know you then. That floods my heart with joyous emotions. How my life will forever be changed in feeling an unconditional love for you. You have brought joy to us that I have never know. I am so honored to be your mom and that the Lord has intrusted you to me. WOW - what a heavy heart I have to be an example of what the Lord requires of girls and women. I am up for the challenge, but I can not do it without the Lord working through me.


Your features are beautiful! You have a head FULL of long brown hair. It is so long that it is going down your neck in the back. Your neck is so kissable too with sweet little wrinkles. You have your daddy's nose and sweet little dimples on either side of your lips.You make us laugh already. You have very expressive faces. My favorite face is when your eyes are closed, you raise your eyebrows and your eyelids tighten with no wrinkles. It is so cute. You have the sweetest streaches. Your whole body shakes when you have the hiccups. You also smile even when you are sleep. What do you dreaming about - your paci, boobs, daddy or I?


You are an awesome sleeper. You eat every 3 hours and fall asleep soon after that until your next feeding. We are so spoiled with you being an angel. You give us 5 hours in between feeding at night - WOW how nice.


Your dad has been amazing with you. He LOVES to snuggle with you in the bed. He is a pro at soothing you IF you cry. He loves to give you your baths, take you on walks in the neighborhood, and he is so helpful at changing your diaper (even the poopie ones) and burps you after I nursing. Most of all, he has encouraged us to read Scripture and pray for you each night, since we have been home. It is such an emotional time and sweet time for us as a family. I thank God that you have such a Godly dad and I have such a Godly husband that has taken the responsibility as spiritual leader in our home.


Emily, we are so grateful that the Lord blessed us with a sweet, angel daughter.


I love you!
Mommy

1 comment:

Shireen said...

SOOOOO SWEET!!
I LOVE the pictures!
Rhys enjoyed a bath with his daddy yesterday morning! :) We keep an electric radiator on in our bathroom, so it was much more enjoyable for Rhys, and I know Russell enjoyed giving him such personal attention. :)
Be careful taking Emily out shopping right now. Ashley told me that RSV, a respiratory virus, is going around, and if babies get it, they can be hospitalized for days/weeks.
I also got your sweet email about going to the breastfeeding class! You go, girl!!! Gettin' out so early! Thank you so much for the encouragement and invite!! I already asked Ashley if I could go with her, probably starting next week, on Mondays to the Gold's gym location on Hwy 31. I know Pelham is probably more convenient for you, but I'd love for you to come with us some time!! Ashley loves it!
Okay, off to see who is at the door!! Loving all the visitors! :)
Love to you guys!!!