-->

Cheveron

Sunday, December 28, 2008

36 weeks and still 40 inches

From 1-24-09 Due Date
Just 4 more week, or so!!

Babycenter said "Your baby is still packing on the pounds — at the rate of about an ounce a day. She now weighs almost 6 pounds (like a crenshaw melon) and is more than 18 1/2 inches long. She's shedding most of the downy covering of hair that covered her body as well as the vernix caseosa, the waxy substance that covered and protected her skin during her nine-month amniotic bath. Your baby swallows both of these substances, along with other secretions, resulting in a blackish mixture, called meconium, will form the contents of her first bowel movement.At the end of this week, your baby will be considered full-term. (Full-term is 37 to 42 weeks; babies born before 37 weeks are pre-term and those born after 42 are post-term.) Most likely she's in a head-down position."

We also got so much done around here during the Christmas break. Items checked off the list include: gathering the items that need to be sterilized; washing the first load of baby clothes (see photo below) and other baby items (so sweet); the baby mattress arriving and putting it in the bed; unpacking the car seat and getting it all set up (we still need to get it installed by the fire department); preparing the bath toys and bath tub; setting up the diaper champ; unboxing (but still needing to assemble) the swing, bouncer, baby gate (for Tate and Molly) and pack n play; putting the crib aquarium on the baby's bed; moving the computer out of the baby's room and into the upstairs hallway; taking down the card table in the baby's room; moving the modem, router, and wireless to the left of the baby's bed; boxing up the desktop computer to give it away; hanging the wooden shelf back in our master bedroom after my parents got it refinished for us along with the rest of the bedroom set; moving the filing cabinet so that the handmade cradle will fit in our bedroom; and connecting the printer and external hard drive to my new laptop.
From 1-24-09 Due Date


My Dr. apt are every week now. I had one today and the baby's heartbeat was about 151 beats/minute. I also had my first internal exam. and Dr. Radbill said that my body was starting to progress. NOT TO GET EXCITED (a HUGE reminder to myself mostly)- but I am 50% afaced and a fingertip dilated. Dr. Radbill was very surprised by this since I am only 36 weeks and this is our first baby. He also confirmed that the baby is head down. My sister, Jen, is helping me to stay securely grounded since she was 70% afaced and 2-3 cm dilated with Molly for a few weeks and still was 10 days late. My apt. next week is on Thurs. afternoon.

From 12-29-08 Sadie's Debutante Ball
Last night, we went to Sadie's, my cousin, Poinsettia Debutante Ball at the Vestavia Country Club. It was a fun night to get dress up - Jeremy in a tux and I also got my hair "done". Click here to see more pix.

From 12-24-08 Christmas Eve at the Long's
From 12-13-08 Batson Cmas in ATL and Bham
Now that we have done Cmas with both my immediate family and Jeremy's immediate family, I wanted to show you what I made for the little girls this Cmas. These shaws are very easy and quick to make. I just cut out the fleece, did a blanket stitch with yard on the outside, and then knit a flower to go on it. I have already posted the Batson Cmas photos, so here are the Long Cmas photos.

2 comments:

Debra said...

woohooo!!!! Baby Long will be here soon :) Can't wait to see the updated pics. I hope you had a wonderful Christmas. Love to you!!

The Morrows said...

michelle- i'm so excited for you! wouldn't it be crazy if we ended up there at the same time? Dr. Ross could just go back and forth- haha! we had a good report from dr. radbill today too- big babies!!
love you- t